After 10 years in Paris, I know the ins and outs of the city like the back of my hand (or the inside of my pocket, as the French say!)
I offer several options for travelers to Paris. My bespoke walking tours are specially created just for you, so whether you want to delve into the Paris of Ernest Hemingway, taste your way through beautiful Montmartre, or explore the dark history of Paris’ revolutionary era, your tailor-made tour awaits you.
Here are just a few of the experiences that I can offer:
- A skip-the-line private tour of the Louvre’s most famous masterpieces
- A day-long adventure into the minds of the Impressionists, with 1, 2, or 3 skip-the-line museum entrances and a wander through the masters’ favorite Parisian haunts
- A tasting tour in the hilltop neighborhood of Montmartre, culminating in a cheese tasting with one of my favorite cheesemongers
- A historical walking tour of Paris, exploring its hidden secrets and most famous residents
If it’s not a guide you seek, I also offer boutique vacation planning. As with guides, each vacation planning package is designed just for you and can include any of the following options, amongst others:
- Hotel and transport booking
- Restaurant reservations
- A complete arrival basket waiting for you at your hotel, with museum tickets, maps, and more
- Plans for each of the days of your vacation, so you know where to go and what to see (and above all, what not to miss!)
Find out more about my tours with Paris Uncovered.
E-Books on Travel to Paris
I have written and edited two guidebooks to Paris. Both are available for purchase via Unanchor’s site and as e-books on Amazon.
What people are saying about Paris Travel Guide: 3 Perfect Wandering Days:
“I have visited Paris twice but feel I need to head back after reading this guide! I especially like the fact that the author has lived there for several years. Many other guides that I have used do not have a personal touch but this one certainly does. I liked the “local tips” and the notes on the restaurants. Simply reading the guide relaxed me and brought back memories of my visits. Great for those who have been there or about to go. I hope the author adds on to this with an extended guide. Very handy to have on my Kindle for when I visit again!!”
“This guide gives you a chance to see a Paris that you might have missed before. I love the hidden places that Emily tells you about as well as the local tips and the feeling that I am being given my own private tour. I hope there is going to be more of this sort of guide – both for Paris and the other parts of France!”
“Excellent photos & handy tips like “If anyone offers you a petition to sign, keep your hands on your personal belongings…and assertively say, Non” , “All museums in Paris…are free on the first Sunday of every month” and “True Parisians hardly ever buy a baguette instead order(ing) a ‘tradition’ at perhaps 20 centimes more…and is much tastier than the 80 cent basic version.” Other than needing a bit larger maps than provided for my tired eyes, I found this book very informative and plan to take it along when I visit Paris, and now I know more of what to look for as to an itinerary. Thank you much!”
And discover even more about Paris with Paris Travel Guide: Paris Foodie Classics.